I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love using sugar scrubs on my body. I get dry skin in the winter and using a sugar scrub in the shower really helps improve how my skin looks and feels. I love the feeling of just scrubbing all the dead skin off with a sugar scrub.
I like to make my sugar scrubs with some type of moisturizing oil that is good for the skin, such as vitamin E oil, olive oil, or coconut oil. I find my skin is smoother when I use coconut oil. It also helps if the sugar scrub smells amazing, so adding drops of your favorite scented oil helps too, I personally like lavender oil, peppermint oil, lemon oil, and orange oil.
First off, for many of these recipes, you will of course need sugar. Sugar is the base of the scrub and helps kill off the outer layer of dead skin. Sugar is also easy on the skin and goes on smooth, so it’s good to use on sensitive skin as well as normal. Depending on the sugar scrub you are trying to make, brown, cane or granulated white sugar works great for different recipes.
This also makes a great gift if you put them in mason jars and tie a ribbon on it/decorate!
Cranberry Sugar Scrub
(this one smells amazing!)
- 1 cup whole frozen or fresh cranberries
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 12 drops of essential orange oil or fragrance
- Airtight container or jar
- Puree cranberries.
- Add coconut oil and sugar and blend together.
- Add 12 drops of orange essential oil or fragrance.
- Scoop into jars and tie with bows, raffia or ribbon.
- Store mixture in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub
(a great herbal scrub with lots of essential oils, great for waking up)
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- airtight container
Mix sugar, dried rosemary, olive oil, and raw honey together.
Add essential oils and stir to combine.
Raspberry Lemon Sugar Scrub
(I love this combination!)