I love this salad because it’s light and filling, plus I love edamame and cilantro. I believe red wine vinegar is best paired with this, but if you would like to use a different vinegar you can.
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 pound) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the soybeans and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and blend the flavors.
Yield: 8 servings