- Salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 6 cups of chicken broth (low sodium)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3-inch piece of minced ginger (peeled)
- 2 white and light green parts of leeks (cleaned, trimmed, halved, and sliced)
- 1/4 cup of red curry paste
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 pound of parsnips (peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 cup of peas (frozen)
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch of swiss chard (without stems and chopped)
- 1 1/2 pounds of butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cubed into 1-inch pieces)
- Green onions
- Add onion, leeks, garlic, ginger, squash, parsnips, broth, curry paste, and fish sauce into the slow cooker.
- Stir to dissolve curry paste.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add pea, swiss chard, coconut milk, and lime juice into the cooker.
- Garnish it with cilantro, sprouts, or onions and serve.
Yield: 6 servings