- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (zest of one orange)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 8-ounce carton Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Line 20 muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, orange zest, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1-1/4 cups sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in the eggs, Greek yogurt, ginger, and vanilla until combined.
4. With a spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the beaten mixture until just moistened. Fold in the cranberries. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling cups 3/4 full.
1. In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons sugar, the cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
2. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the muffins are golden. Serve warm.
Yield: 20 muffins